fhi360 Project Manager I in Any, Tunisia
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Project Manager
Provide technical oversight for the development of annual and life of project work plans, planning and allocation of project resources, and timely completion of deliverables
Serve as the primary project liaison between the project and home office (HQ) support units, promoting positive and constructive working relationships
Ensure alignment between the project implementation plan and budget, providing guidance for revisions/realignment, as needed
Manage subawards and serve as liaison with technical implementation partners
Identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships and coordination with the U.S. Embassy and other external partners whose support is vital to the success of the project
Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients in order to deliver projects according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence based interventions in a one or more multi -sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
• Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
• Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
• Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
• Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
• Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
• Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
• Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
• Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• Typically requires 5-8 years of project management experience.
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Certification in project management preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please clickto visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is anFHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job ID 18735
Job Locations Tunisia-Any
# of Openings Remaining 1